Pages

13 May 2013

bali with kids

The school holiday that just passed was pretty full on.  My boys and I went to Bali for couple days.  The main purpose of the visit was to attend my cousin wedding.  Mister Hubby was busy with work so unfortunately couldn't join the fun.

We flew with Jetstar as usual, thank God it was punctual.  We arrived in Bali past noon and went straight to the hotel.  This time I chose Seminyak area to stay, where all other families from Jakarta ( including my mother ) and Manado were staying too. The boys went straight to the pool and didn't come out until we almost left for dinner.

 

Over dinner I had been thinking what was I gonna do to keep the boys occupied during this 5 days.  For sure I couldn't drag them around Kuta Center every day or along the Seminyak road to check out the gorgeous shops.  I was very glad that I found this book! It packs with practical information and activities for kids from all aspects, i.e.; nature, art and culture, action,water sports plus the kids friendly restaurants as well.  Highly recommended!

 


So, first day I took them to do surfing class.  There are many places that offer surf class for children and adults.  I spent almost half the day watching them surfing at Kuta beach, taking pictures, and just hanging out around the area. In the evening we went to see the Magic Show at Kuta Theatre.  It was very good show, it combined culture, magic and fun.

  




The next day before the wedding ceremony we went to Seminyak beach and hired surf boards so the boys can surf again.  I went for a dip in the ocean, it was refreshing.  Had lunch at Chez Gado Gado which was average for my liking.



The wedding ceremony and reception was in Uluwatu at Blue Point resort.  The setting was magnificent, we sat around the pool facing the open ocean, it was just beautiful. 


 

 

Sunday, I went to check out the Jenggala ceramic in Jimbaran.  While I was browsing around the boys were taking art lesson where they can choose the items and paint them.

 

Went up to Ubud the next day with the whole family from Manado and also my mother.  While in Ubud I can't not having babi guling (roast pork) at Ibu Oka!  

Last day in Bali, I took the boys to Waterbom park and spent almost the whole day having  fun with all the slide rides.  I was exhausted, they were happy.

I think because my kids are getting older now so it is much easier to travel solo with them.  As long as I can find things to entertain them which included outdoor activities, arts stuff, and water sports, they pretty much are content

One more thing, our fave beach cafe is called Sand Pit at jalan Double Six.  Their pizza and mango juice are delicious, you should try!

 

No comments: